Crazy Sleep Facts Vacuum Packed Mattress
Sleeping is something that everyone of us has to do. However, we all have our own sleeping habits and patterns. They say we spend up to a third of our lives asleep so we have prepared some random facts below about sleeping which you probably didn’t know.
Eating carbohydrates can make you sleepy while eating proteins can make you more alert.
- Humans spend on average 2 hours a night dreaming, you can have between four to seven different dreams in one night.
- A Newborn baby can result in a total of between 450 and 700 hours of lost sleep for parents in their first year of life.
- Children who sleep for longer have been found to have a higher IQ
- Toddlers don’t have the ability to see themselves in their dreams until they are approximately 3-4 years old.
- People who grew up watching black and white television are more likely to dream in black and white.
- Within 5 minutes of waking from sleep 50% of our dreams have been forgotten and after 10 minutes a total of 90% have gone.
- During rapid eye movement sleep our bodies are totally paralyzed due to a certain mechanism in the brain, this stops us from carrying out the physical actions that are occurring in our dreams. This usually occurs about 90 minutes after falling asleep.
- In the 17th Century sleeping in 2 segments at night was the normal. People would wake for 1 to 2 hours before going back to sleep, this time was generally spent socialising, praying or reading.
- Staying awake for 17 hours straight decreases your performance to the equivalent of someone who has 0.05% alcohol limit.
- It is physically impossible to sneeze while you are sleeping.
- Dolphins and whale’s brains sleep one half at a time, this is so they can still control their breathing and come up for air when needed.